Baptism is one of the most important sacraments of the Church. It is administered to individuals of any age who have not been previously baptized in any other Christian denomination. If someone is joining the Episcopal Church from another denomination, their baptism in that denomination is recognized and acknowledged.
Families are encouraged to attend 3 services before the baptism date since, during the baptismal service, the congregation commits to support the baptized person.
Baptisms at St. Michael’s are held five times throughout the year (see below) but may be held at other times as needed.
- The Feast of Christ's Baptism (the first or second Sunday of January after Feast of the Epiphany)
- The Easter Vigil (Saturday evening before Easter Sunday)
- Pentecost Sunday (usually late May to mid-June)
- The Feast of All Saints (always the Sunday after November 1)
- The Feast of St. Michael the Archangel (Sunday closest to September 29)
If you are interested in pursuing Baptism for yourself or a child please call the parish office at 973-694-1026.
An application form for baptism can be found here.