We're so glad that you've arrived at our website. We welcome all persons of any age or background to our community. If you are a guest visiting our website for the first time, be not dismayed! You may wish to scroll down to see what we do "When things will get back to normal."
However, as of March 14, 2020, due to the coronavirus, St. Michael's Church, the Parish Office, and its Thrift Shoppe are closed until further notice.
This is disappointing news that we will miss our treasured communion and friendship in person, but do keep in touch with each other through other means of communication that we have at our disposal. Think of how wonderful our eventual reunion will be!! in the meantime,
- LET US UNITE IN PRAYER. Pray that we can meet together hopefully by Palm Sunday, April 5. Using your own prayer or the prayer below, let us unite together in prayer for this challenging worldwide situation. Choose the day and time that works for you: Monday, Wednesday or Friday, 9 AM, Noon or 7 PM. Because there is no time in eternity, all of our prayers will be united!
- IF NEEDED, contact Wardens Flo De Blieck, 973-851-9675, or Carmela Brancato, 908-852-5109 or 862-254-1663.
- SMALL GROUPS ON A JOY-FILLED LIFE. We are studying how to have joy even in the midst of difficult and trying circumstances--what a timely study!! Small Group members are encouraged to do their study at home during these weeks of Lent, and to have phone conversations, emails or texts with members of their group about inspirations and aha moments to encourage each other.
- COSTS CONTINUE. Even though closed, St. Michael's premises will continue to incur utility bills and other costs so it would be extremely helpful if you would mail in your pledges and offerings during these weeks so we have no shortage of cash flow. Warden Flo De Blieck will obtain the mail and make deposits during this time.
- MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR DOLORES HAUER scheduled for Saturday, March 28, has been postponed. Her family will let us know the new date so we can honor Dolores.
- STAY SAFE & HEALTHY. Continue to stay home and follow the guidelines given by Health Officials.
- VESTRY MEMBERS CALLED EVERYONE ON THE PARISH LIST. If you need assistance, call the Wardens or the Vestry Member who contacted you.
- ST. MICHAEL'S THRIFT SHOPPE IS CLOSED until further notice and not receiving donations.
A PRAYER FOR THIS CHALLENGING TIME Recommended by Deacon Deborah
Creator God of the universe, divine source of health and wholeness, whose compassion embraces the entire community of Earth: behold your fearful people all over the world as we confront the coronavirus. Out of the depths we cry to you, O God. Holy God, hear our voices. Let your ear be attentive to our cries (Psalm 130:1-2, adapted) as we pray for all who may be affected by the virus. Loving God, hasten the day when the virus will have run its course; quicken scientists to develop medications and vaccines; call out the best instincts of your people—love, neighborliness, compassion, and a sense of caring for every member of your beloved community on Earth. We pray out of the depths to you through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. (Adapted from Anne & Jeffrey Rowthorn)
When things get back to normal,
We worship at 10 AM on Sundays, with Holy Eucharist every Sunday and Morning Prayer on the fifth Sunday of the month, followed by refreshments and friendship in Duncanson Hall. We also offer a 5 PM Holy Eucharist on the second and fourth Saturdays of each month, followed by refreshments and friendship in Duncanson Hall.
St. Michael's has created a lovely Parent/Child Space in our Sanctuary so that Parents may sit with their children while they quietly play with soft toys. There's also a Parent/Child Comfort Room off the Foyer.
Kid Church takes place during the 10 AM Sunday services featuring Godly Play stories that encourage children to wonder and ask questions in order to grow in their faith at their age levels. Kid Church is on vacation through the summer.
We are featuring a 6-week Small Group offering for Lent that as of March 14 may be done on line due to coronavirus restrictions.
We currently utilize supply Clergy as we are without a resident priest, but are hopeful to hire one in the future.
You are welcome in this place!