We're so glad that you've arrived at our website. We welcome all persons of any age or background to our community. If you are a guest visiting our website for the first time, be not dismayed! You may wish to scroll down to see what we do "When things will get back to normal."
In the meantime, as of March 14, 2020, due to the coronavirus, St. Michael's Church, the Parish Office, and its Thrift Shoppe are closed until further notice.
This is disappointing news that we will miss our treasured communion and friendship in person, but do keep in touch with each other through other means of communication that we have at our disposal. Think of how wonderful our eventual reunion will be!! in the meantime,
- SERVICES ON LINE AND COMMUNICATION. St. Michael's is meeting with parishioners and friends on "Zoom" to offer Services of Compline, Morning Prayer, and Liturgy of the Word. To receive St. Michael's E-News via email with Zoom links, email Parish Administrator Pat Vine at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also offering our services on Facebook.
- LET US UNITE IN PRAYER. Pray that we can meet together in the not too distant future.
- IF NEEDED, contact Wardens Flo De Blieck, 973-851-9675, or Carmela Brancato, 908-852-5109 or 862-254-1663.
- SMALL GROUPS CONTINUE. We offer a Book Study on Racism on Mondays at 12 Noon, a Men's Bible Study on Tuesdays at 7 PM and a Women's Bible Study on Wednesdays at 10 AM. These groups meet on Zoom. To learn more, contact Deacon Deborah Drake, email@example.com, contact Ted Drake, firstname.lastname@example.org for the Men's Group, and Jan Sivertsen, email@example.com.
- COSTS CONTINUE. Even though closed for in-person worship, St. Michael's premises will continue to incur utility bills and other costs so it would be extremely helpful if you continue paying your pledges and offerings during the pandemic. You may pay on line at St. Michael's donation page by clicking on this link:
- STAY SAFE & HEALTHY. Continue to stay home and follow the guidelines given by CDC Health Officials.
- ST. MICHAEL'S THRIFT SHOPPE WILL OPEN when in-person worship begins.
When things get back to normal,
We worship at 10 AM on Sundays, with Holy Eucharist every Sunday and Morning Prayer on the fifth Sunday of the month, followed by refreshments and friendship in Duncanson Hall. We also offer a 5 PM Holy Eucharist on the second and fourth Saturdays of each month, followed by refreshments and friendship in Duncanson Hall.
St. Michael's has created a lovely Parent/Child Space in our Sanctuary so that Parents may sit with their children while they quietly play with soft toys. There's also a Parent/Child Comfort Room off the Foyer.
Kid Church takes place during the 10 AM Sunday services featuring Godly Play stories that encourage children to wonder and ask questions in order to grow in their faith at their age levels. Kid Church is on vacation through the summer.
We currently utilize supply Clergy as we are without a resident priest, but are hopeful to hire one in the future.
You are welcome in this place!